Japan Trip: The Last day in Tokyo and the Journey Back to Melbourne

I did end up getting to sleep.

I didn’t have as much as I had hoped, but having any at that point was appreciated.

Shortly after waking in the morning, I heard Gabe leave.
It was much earlier than I thought was necessary (somewhere between 5:30 A.M. and 6:00 A.M.), as our flight was at 10:15 AM.

I checked out a few minutes before 7:00 A.M.
Once I had left the hostel, I decided to try the tube of Chip Star chips I had with me since buying them in either Kyoto or Osaka.
I had been carrying them around and continually forgetting about them, so I figured it would be best to try them before getting to the airport.
I also wanted to make a video about my trying them and, when I realised I had been carrying them around for a while, I decided that the last day would be the best time to do so.

They weren’t bad.

Soon I was on a train heading to Narita Airport.

The time went by smoothly.
As the train I was on wasn’t a Skyliner, I was able to absorb more of the scenery as it gradually became less urban the closer I was to the airport. It was nice to have during that morning.

Once at Narita Airport, I made my way to where I had to check-in my luggage and get my ticket.

The line ride was out in full force once more.

Probably due to the hour (I got to the line around 8:50 A.M.), there weren’t many people serving the queue of people that had formed.

There were two brothers from Melbourne next to me.
Talking to them helped kill the time.

It took about forty-five minutes to get to the desk.
Luckily my flight had been delayed by ninety minutes, so I didn’t have to rush afterwards.

We went our separate ways for the time being once we reached security.
Getting to the international terminal was a lot faster than I thought it would be.

There weren’t many people around, so waiting at that point was minimal at best.

I found a place to have breakfast and saw the brothers again.
I talked a bit more about Gabe.
I had done so whilst we were in the line, but by this point I was thinking more about reconciling with him, partly because I didn’t want to have to explain to my step-mum as to why we weren’t talking, but also because he’s my brother.

Eventually we separated again as, despite the fact that we were going to be on the same flight, I was going to look for Gabe first.

I found him soon enough.

I offered him my hand and said “let’s let bygones be bygones”.
I may have posed it as a question.
He shook my hand and then we talked for a little bit.
Gabe theorised that the owners at HTS Guest House Onomichi used Gabe to kick the guy I didn’t like out as he was pretty loud (HTS Guest House Onomichi had notifications about keeping quiet due to the location).

I also found out that he was hungover, so not only had he arrived at the airport far too early, but he was going to be flying hungover.

Soon enough we were on the plane.
We had separate seats, but luckily for me the person I was next to talked to me for about thirty minutes after takeoff, taking most of my focus away from it happening.
The other person next to me pulled out a travel pillow, put it around the front of their neck and slept for a while.
It worked.

The flight was easier for me than I thought it was going to be.
I didn’t have much trouble with handling it for the most part.
However, I was quite antsy and restless towards the end as I still don’t handle flying very well.

Whilst I didn’t have a window seat, I would look out occasionally and see large, beautiful spans of clouds creating a field below us.

It certainly helped me feel better.

Once we reached Tullamarine, I got off the plane as quickly as I could.

I can’t remember if I met up with Gabe at the baggage carousel or beforehand, but I do remember waiting a while to get our bags.

Once we had them, I felt compelled to dance for a few seconds.

It was a pleasant feeling.

Once we were past customs we saw my step-mum waiting for us.
We gave her a big hug and made our way to her car.
I asked if we could get McDonald’s as I had a craving fast food.
It was pretty late at night by this point (Somewhere around 11:00 P.M.), but she was fine with taking us.

Once we had food we headed straight off to my step-mum’s place.
Due to the hour, traffic was thankfully minimal, so it didn’t take as long as it usually would to get there.

It was close to midnight when we got back.
I was glad to be back in Melbourne, but also tired, so I went to sleep pretty quickly after eating.
I did want to spend some time talking about the trip, but we had already done so in the car and everyone was pretty tired, so sleep was the sensible choice.

And sleep was had, for it was needed to assist in resting and feeling less tired.
It was indeed something that was needed at that point, so it came at the right time.

Thus commenced a sleep that I had that was mine to have.

So yeah, I went to sleep.


About Stupidity Hole

I'm some guy that does stuff. Hoping to one day fill the internet with enough insane ramblings to impress a cannibal rat ship. I do more than I probably should. I have a page called MS Paint Masterpieces that you may be interested in checking out. I also co-run Culture Eater, an online zine for covering the arts among other things. We're on Patreon!
This entry was posted in Life and tagged , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

3 Responses to Japan Trip: The Last day in Tokyo and the Journey Back to Melbourne

  1. Moritz says:

    After such a trip, sleep is always deeply needed. I hope you had a stunning time in Tokyo nevertheless! 🙂

    Liked by 1 person

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.